We could recite many reasons to select our firm over others. Certainly, there is a choice of other qualified firms in our service area. There are many considerations in selecting one firm over another; things like honesty and fairness in all dealings, attention to details, a reputation for quality facilities, capable staff, good service and reasonable prices with excellent value. We are proud of our firm and would like to list some of the ways that make us the logical choice in a time of need:
- Locally owned and managed with a full time staff of trained, licensed caregivers. People who know you, people you can rely on…today and tomorrow.
- Two convenient locations: Hamden and Meriden. All have ample off-street parking. Our facilities are designed with spacious room for each family to meet and greet friends. We take special pride in maintaining our facilities for comfort and cleanliness.
- Flexibility in planning the type of arrangements that you want. Each person is important and deserving of the love and respect that a dignified funeral, properly planned, can provide.
- A full selection of quality caskets, vaults, cremation urns and funeral supplies, all at very competitive prices. The BOTTOM LINE is important. You must receive full value for the price paid.
- Pre-arrangement Counseling: A fully licensed Professional Staff, trained to assist families and individuals in making funeral pre-arrangements.
Your comparison is invited. There is no obligation, of course. We are here to help!
You can start the pre-planning process with Beecher & Bennett by completing the information requested in our On-line Pre-Arrangement Form. We will help you complete the information needed at your convenience.
Founded in 1894 by Henry W. Beecher and James M. Bennett, the firm was originally located on Elm Street and later moved to Broadway in New Haven, where it remained until 1983. The landmark building at 100 Broadway, with its city center location adjoining Yale University, started the tradition of serving families of all faiths and in all walks of life.
In an effort to serve their many families in surrounding communities, B&B opened the Hamden facility in 1952. This is now the location of Beecher & Bennett’s main office. This facility was expanded in 1961 to accommodate the growing demand for B&B services.
The Flatow Funeral Home of Meriden, was established in 1912 by Albert Flatow and became associated with B & B in 1980. Their reputations for providing quality services to families of all faiths, with facilities located at 48 Cook Avenue, has been an asset to the local community.
The Taylor Funeral Home, originally established in 1917 by Seth N. Taylor, a West Haven native, joined with B & B in 1968. The construction of a new City Hall necessitated the relocation of this facility. A new building designed for funeral service was constructed at 410 Campbell Avenue in the center of West Haven and opened in 1969. After 48 years of serving families in West Haven, the Taylor Funeral Home was closed in 2017. The Erickson Family continues to serve families from its Hamden and Meriden facilities.
Iver A. Erickson became associated with the firm in 1932 and retired in 1978 as President of the firm. Carleton V. Erickson joined his father in 1958 and became the President twenty years later. Arthur I. Erickson represents the third generation of the family to carry on the tradition of service. He is now proud to work along side his two sons, Jonathan and A.J.
Beecher and Bennett has served Greater New Haven County families since 1894. This continuous, dependable service–provided by an independently owned and operated company which has planned for it’s future leadership–assures families that services pre-planned and pre-arranged will be provided when needed.
We are proud of over one century of service to the Greater New Haven community. We have been privileged to serve the poor, the wealthy and all those in between. Our reputation for honesty and fairness and a true concern for those we serve has been a hallmark of Beecher & Bennett. We look forward to the future, not resting on any laurels, but to providing a high quality of care and keeping abreast of technology and changing family needs. The families we serve are our most important assets.